Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's in my Kit? - NARS Primer


I am forever being asked what products I use in my kit. In my opinion a good artist is someone who has a bit of everything. Something for every occasion - it also implies they have done the leg work to find the best of the best to give you the most satisfying results.


I myself have a lot of different products and brands in my kit, so I have decided over the next little while to show you 'What's in my Kit?'


Today I am starting with my favourite primer and it comes from NARS.


When I buy primer the main things I look for are...


  • Something that isn't too sticky. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are applying glue to your clients face.

  • Light weight. Primer shouldn't feel heavy under your makeup - it should feel like a light moisturiser

  • A light silicon base- the silicon ensures enough slip to allow the foundation to be easily applied on top of the primer. BUT it must not be too thick. (especially during the warmer months), as this will be too slippery and your foundation will slide off.

  • Oil free/semi mattifying. I don't want it to make your skin sweat.

  • Verstile. It needs to able to be used with a range of different foundation and not brand specific.

  • Smells good! Ok so this isn't at the top of my list but it's till important, no one wants a stinky face!

All of this considered I have ended up with the NARS primer. So far I haven't had any problems with this one. It glides on beautifully with a brush, sponge or clean hands, and works with both airbrush and traditional application.


So if you are looking for a new primer this would be my recommendation. It retails for around $95 which is a bit pricey for the day to day makeup bag, however it comes in a 51mL tube and using the recommended amount it should last a good few months.


I would love to hear which primer you use and why you like it!


So please comment below!


NARS is available at Mecca Cosmetica


http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/


For bookings and enquiries


p0406 970 014 w http://www.katemckenna.com.au/


mailto:e%7Cmakeup@katemckenna.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment